Thursday, July 1, 2010

And Away We Go!

I have created a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I was inspired by my friend, Monica, who has a 101 list and thought "I could do that". So I started writing out a list of things I might want to do and before I knew it I was seriously examining my life. Over the two weeks that it took me to complete my 101 list I had come to a profound understanding of how I spend my time and the things that seem to have become priority. This list is going to be more than a project for me. It's going to serve as a base for a change of ways and a shift of priorities.

So with this list in hand and 31 months to complete it I expect to cross the finish line a changed person. I hope I can complete my list but if I fail in the attempt I know I will still win with the experience. So here's to my list, my journey and my new found awareness and respect for my life and those who fill it.

The rules are simple. Click here to read more about the project.
1. Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
2. Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

My start date is today, July 1, 2010! My end date is March 28, 2013. I will be blogging about my completed tasks here so check in on me and see how I am doing. Pictures will be posted, I just hope that I can remember to take step by step pictures of some of the recipes and different projects that I tackle. It's going to be fun and it's going to be a learning experience too! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I will have to make a list for me. Maybe I will tie it in with my project Life blog. Glad you are going to join us for weekly weigh in. I so understand about retiring gaucho pants and to stop wearing maternity clothes. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete