Friday, July 29, 2011

Baked Mostaccioli

Last night for dinner I made Baked Mostaccioli. I have had the recipe for a few months and wish I had made is sooner! I came across it on one of the blogs I follow and it was obviously before I started listing where I found the recipe on the recipe when I save it so I have no idea where it came from... either way it's super tasty!



Baked Mostaccioli

Ingredients
1 box Mostaccioli
¾ cup butter
1 cup whipping cream
¼ tsp white pepper
1 ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (fresh)
2 tsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 garlic cloves minced
1 jar spaghetti sauce (Ragu Robusto)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced

Cook 1 box Mostaccoli according to package directions, drain.

Cook and chop 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or breasts.

Alfredo Sauce
In a sauce pan melt the butter. (As you are making the Alfredo, have the spaghetti sauce heating up on the stove.)
After the butter is melted, pour in the whipping cream
Add some white pepper to this and let it cook over low heat for 5 minutes until it thickens slightly. Add 1 1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan to the mixture, and cook over low heat till the cheese has melted, stirring constantly.

Mix the Alfredo with the warm spaghetti sauce to desired taste. Stir the mixed sauce into the cooked pasta – making sure all is coated. Add the chicken, garlic, and chopped parsley, stir.

Pour mixture into a 13x9 baking dish, top with remaining Parmesan and the mozzarella. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes



Notes:
This is what the original recipe poster had to say:
*Seriously, the key to this dish is fresh ingredients - don’t go cheap or easy on it, and it won’t let you down.

~ I used fresh parmesan, grated it myself and everything! It was great! I did not use fresh parsley. If I grew my own I would have but I didn't want to buy some just for 2 tsp. I used just a tad more than 3 tsp of dried parsley. And the mozzarella was from a bag but I thought it turned out just dandy!

~ Cook/boil your chicked before hand. I boiled mine the night before while I was getting dinner on the table. It made it so much easier and so much faster last night!

~ I didn't have white pepper so I just got tacky with it and used what I had, black pepper.

~ Also, just be prepared for dishes. This recipe used lots of pans...alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, pasta, cutting the chicken, grating the parm. But it's worth it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment