Monday, June 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies

Yes. You read that right the first time. Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies. YUM!

I found this recipe at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and had to try it out!



They are amazing! And super super rich. I cut a normal size brownie piece for me and could only manage two bites!! They are that sweet and I. Love. Sweet. So I cut the rest of the pan into 1 inch brownie bites.



I will definitely make them again. My cookie dough looked different than what was pictured on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's site. The recipe did not say to pack the brown sugar but everytime I have ever used brown sugar that is what was instructed so I, out of habit, packed the half cup and plopped it into the mix only to realize later that maybe that is why mine was darker and seemingly denser than hers.



Try them out and see what you think!! Oh and I did what she did and used the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix... um... prob going to be my new go to box mix. Those brownies are ridiculously amazing!! AND the cookie dough is eggless! Totally safe to be eaten "raw". :)

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies
**adapted from Taste of Home Baking Classics by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

Ingrediants

8x8 pan of brownies, baked and cooled (I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate but you can use any homemade or boxed recipe you prefer)
1/4 stick salted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
Heaping 1/2 cup mini M&Ms

In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and peanut butter until combined. Add sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix until fully combined. Fold in M&M's. Spoon cookie dough over brownies and spread carefully.

If you make a 9x13 pan of brownies, you may want to double the topping or it won't be as thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment